About The Board
The State Juniors Board meets a minimum of 4 times per year with the aim of aiding in the administration and enjoyment of the game at a Junior level.
The Board hosts a number of events annually including:
1.State Junior Championship Carnival - 13,14 and 16 age groups from this carnival there are 13 and 14 Qld Merit teams selected and the under 16 Qld Maroons are selected to play NSW Country.
2. City Country Cultural Exchange - This is an under 14 event is a participation event played under round robin competition rules there is no overall winner. It is aimed at giving country players a chance to play against players from other areas including players from the lower divisions in the major metro areas. It also designed so the players and officials attending there have the chance to understand the culture and diversity of the various areas where the event is held.
3. Under 13 Challenge - This is also a participation event based on the same concept as the cultural exchange.
These events commenced in 2004 when GBJRL took an under 14 side to Charleville to enable the kids in that region to play a game against a side from a different area. The concepts have grown since then and they receive strong support from the QRL Board.
Part of the boards charter is to look at strategies where by country players can receive opportunities to participate more and enjoy the game.
The Chairman also sits on the QRL Education and Development Committee; the ARLD Development Committee and the ARLD Retention committee.
The Board is created under the QRL Constitution and Rules;
121. There is created by these Rules a Queensland Rugby League Juniors' Board (hereinafter called "the QRL Juniors' Board").
122. Subject to these Rules and the overall supervision by the QRL, the QRL Juniors' Board is responsible for recommending to the QRL Board policy matters that affect the coaching, playing and officiating of rugby league in the Junior area.
123. The role of the QRL Juniors' Board is as follows:-
(a) Set strategic direction;
(b) Manage the financial affairs of the Board;
(c) Administer the Rules, Policies, Directions and Philosophies of the QRL;
(d) Ensure correct Procedural advice;
(e) Undertake Event Management.
124. The QRL Juniors' Board shall consist of:
(b) The Chairman of each Division Juniors Body;
(c) Two (2) Independent Persons;
(d) The QRL Manager, Education and Development;
(e) An Executive Officer.
125. (a) The Chairman shall be appointed by the QRL Board;
(b) The Persons in Rule 124(b) shall be appointed by the Division Board of Delegates;
(c) The Independent Persons in Rule 124 (c) shall be appointed by the QRL Board on the advice of the Education and Development Advisory Committee;
(d) The Executive Officer shall be an Employee of the QRL appointed by the QRL Board and shall not have voting rights.
126. The QRL Juniors' Board shall meet at least four (4) times each year.
127. The Chairman is to report to the QRL Education and Development Advisory Committee and QRL Board on relevant outcomes from each Juniors' Board Meeting. He shall seek its approval when necessary.