Clubs who wish to participate in the Jason Hetherington Cup Carnival are in luck – there are still a few positions left for teams to nominate.
The carnival will be staged by the Gladstone & District Junior Rugby League on Friday, July 8 to Sunday July 10.
Nominations close next week (Saturday, April 30) and there is a nomination fee of $280 per team.
The Under 12s carnival will take place at the Gladstone and Districts Junior Rugby League Grounds (3 Harvey Road, Gladstone – opposite Clinton School).
The clubs who have already nominated to date are:
Brothers Bulldogs Mackay
Norths Devils Mackay
North Ipswich Cubs
North Ipswich Tigers
West Suburbs Bundaberg
Western Lions Roar
Western Lions Pride
Some important information to note:
- A maximum of 30 teams can be accepted into the carnival on a ‘first in’ basis
- All teams must supply one League safe runner and one Level1 Sports Trainer (FAO) to run water to the players at any one time
- Blue Card must be displayed at all times
- Maximum of 19 players per team (no exceptions)
- Players must be turning 12 or 11 in 2016 (born 2004 or 2005) to take the field
- Only QRL registered Junior Rugby League players are eligible to compete
- The draw will be conducted at Gladstone District Junior Rugby League premises
- The completed draw will be emailed to the club contact person stated on the nomination form
Should your club have any queries, email email@example.com.