The Mackay Cutters RLFC are calling for applications for the position of Intrust Super Cup Head Coach for the 2017 season.
This is a full time position within the club to lead the planning, preparation and coaching of players within the Intrust Super Cup playing squad and also incorporating a community/development role.
Suitable applicants should submit a letter of application and accompanying Curriculum Vitae to the above email address by Friday, July 29, 2016.
JOB TITLE: INTRUST SUPER CUP HEAD COACH, COMMUNITY/DEVELOPMENT
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To lead the planning, preparation and coaching of players within the Intrust Super Cup (ISC) playing squad and community/development.
- To be responsible in conjunction with Local Clubs (Senior and Junior), Assistant ISC Coaches and Cutters Academy staff for the selection and development of players and coaches within the region. This includes but not limited to Community Coach Education Sessions
- To plan and deliver the technical and tactical aspects of the ISC squad preparation and participation in the relevant competition.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of individual player performance in association with the support staff.
- Lead in the provision of feedback to players in the ISC Squad in conjunction with all support staff.
- Participate fully in the review of all players’ welfare and pastoral requirements and ensure that they are facilitated.
- Where appropriate, engage with local media
LINE MANAGEMENT PROCESS:
- Work in conjunction with the football department staff to ensure that all are supported and developed in achieving player and staff targets.
- Ensure that there are robust and effective methods of communication between all players and staff
- Provide pre and post competition reports for the Chief Executive Officer (verbal only)
- Provide monthly reports to the Mackay Cutters Board of Directors (written)
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE FOR ROLE:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in similar role
- The ability to prepare plans of a high standard to ensure effective preparation and participation in an elite competition
- Positive attitude to achieve results in potentially difficult circumstances
- Excellent communication skills with both players and staff
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Nationally Accredited Level 2 Coach (minimum requirement) working towards Level 3
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team and multi-skill environment
- Self-motivated and an ability to motivate others
- Professional appearance suitable for the relevant environment
- High standards of control of players and strict adherence to the Clubs and National Code of Conduct
REVIEW AND PERFORMANCE IN ROLE:
You will receive feedback from the Chief Executive Officer pre-and-post season.
You will receive professional development opportunities relevant to the position.
RENUMERATION AND EXPENSES
To be discussed at time of application.
Relevant legal deductions will be made from pay.
The Cutters are also looking for suitable applicants to fill the role of Head Strength, Conditioner and Athletic Development (part-time) for the 2017-18 seasons. More information here.