The Gladstone and District Junior Rugby League is proud to invite clubs to participate in this year’s Jason Hetherington Cup Carnival.
The Under 12s carnival will be held on Friday, July 7 to Sunday July 9 and will be staged at the Gladstone and Districts Junior Rugby League Grounds.
The League have hosted the annual Jason Hetherington Cup since 2009; named in honour of the former NRL and Queensland Maroons player.
Hetherington’s NRL career started in 1993 where he played 15 games for the Gold Coast in his first professional year.
He went on to make his career with the Canterbury Bulldogs and represented the Queensland Maroons and Australia Kangaroos.
Since retiring, Hetherington has continued his passion for football and is a proud supporter of junior league throughout Queensland.
He has continued to be involved with rugby league at all levels, from the grass roots, to Intrust Super Cup and the highly successful Queensland Origin team.
Nominations close on Sunday, April 30 at 5pm and there is a nomination fee of $280 per team.
(Please note, this fee is not refundable after the closing date of April 30 if a team pulls out of the carnival. Any team not providing their player shirt size form by the nomination date will receive generic size shirts for the team.)
Some important information to note:
· A maximum of 30 teams can be accepted into the carnival on a ‘first in’ basis.
· All teams must supply one LeagueSafe and one Level 1 Sports Trainer
· Blue Card must be displayed at all times
· Maximum of 19 players per team (no exceptions)
· Players must be turning 12 or 11 in 2016 (born 2004 or 2005) to take the field
· Only QRL registered Junior Rugby League players are eligible to compete
· The draw will be conducted at Gladstone District Junior Rugby League premises
· The completed draw will be emailed to the contact stated on the nomination form.
Should your club have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.