The in-form Burleigh Bears will host the Easts Tigers this Sunday with the TV cameras there to catch the action.
The match will be back on 9Gem with coverage from 1pm with kick off at 1.10pm.
Elsewhere, the Tweed Seagulls are at home against the seemingly unstoppable Sunshine Coast Falcons in another great Sunday match-up.
The round starts on Saturday night with the Ipswich Jets – fresh off an opposed session with the victorious Queensland Maroons – heading to BMD Kougari Oval to try and bring down the Wynnum Manly Seagulls.
Below are the ‘Stats that Matter’ for each match up in Round 13 – thanks to Brad Tallon.
Match: WM Seagulls v Jets
Round 13 -
Venue: BMD Kougari Oval, Brisbane
Wynnum Manly v Ipswich
BMD Kougari Oval on Saturday, June 8 – 5pm
Head-to-Head: Wynnum 23 Ipswich 19 Drawn 3
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #WYNvJETS
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: Seagulls 94% Ipswich Jets 6%
Livestream: Seagulls TV
- Wynnum have won their past six games – they haven't won seven in a row since 2012.
- The Seagulls have won their past four and six of their past seven home games.
- Ipswich have won their past two, and four of their past five away games.
- Ipswich Jets co-coaches Ben Walker and Shane Walker move to equal second in Cup games coached on 209 with Rick Stone. Only Wayne Treleaven (218) has more.
Match: Pride v Capras
Round 13 -
Venue: Barlow Park, Cairns
- Northern Pride are on their worst ever losing run, having lost their past 10 games.
- The CQ Capras have also been struggling in recent times and have lost their last 11 games.
- The Pride have won eight of the nine games played between these two sides at Barlow Park, including the past five.
- CQ’s only win at Barlow Park was in 2011.
- The Pride have lost their past five home games; their worst losing run at home was six in 2017.
- CQ have lost their past 22 away games.
- Pride forward Tom Hancock will play his 100th Intrust Super Cup game (all of them being for the NQ side).
Match: Bears v Tigers
Round 13 -
Venue: Pizzey Park, Gold Coast
Burleigh Bears v Easts Tigers
Pizzey Park on Sunday, June 9 – 1-10pm* (Live on 9GEM)
Head-to-Head: Burleigh 25 Easts 21 Drawn 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #BEARSvTIGES
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: Bears 80% Tigers 20%
- Easts Tigers have won five of the past six games played at Pizzey Park between these two sides.
- Burleigh have won their past five and seven of their past eight games at Pizzey Park. Their only loss in that time was to the Tigers in last year’s preliminary final.
- The Tigers have lost their past three away games.
- Easts are aiming for their 300th Cup win in their 542nd game. Only the Redcliffe Dolphns have more wins (349).
Match: Seagulls v Falcons
Round 13 -
Venue: Piggabeen Sports Complex, Tweed Heads
Tweed Seagulls v Sunshine Coast Falcons
Head-to-Head: Tweed 12 Sunshine Coast 6
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #TWEEDvSCF
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: Tweed 14% Falcons 86%
- Tweed have won their past five games; Sunshine Coast have won their last 12 (their best ever winning run).
- The Seagulls have won their past three and five of their past six home games.
- The most ever consecutive wins to start a season is 13 which was achieved by Tweed in 2011; Sunshine Coast will be aiming to equal that against the Gulls.
- The Sunshine Coast have won their past six away games.
- Todd Murphy (with 209) requires five more points to pass Guy Hamilton into second most Cup points for the Falcons. Dennis Sandow (244) holds the record.
- This will be the 50th Cup game for current Falcons and former Jets forward Lachlan Roe.
Match: Devils v Dolphins
Round 13 -
Venue: Bishop Park, Brisbane
Norths Devils v Redcliffe Dolphins
Head-to-Head: Redcliffe 31 Norths 13 Drawn 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #DEVILSvPHINS
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: Devils 86% Phins 14%
- The win by Norths over Redcliffe last year was their first in seven games.
- The Dolphins are aiming for their 350th cup win in their 553rd game. They would be the first to reach this milestone.
- Redcliffe coach Adam Mogg moves past Paul Bramley into15th for most Cup games coached with 111.
- Norths centre Connor Broadhurst is set to play in his 100th Cup game. The XXXX Queensland Resident representative has previously played with Burleigh and CQ.
Match: Magpies v Blackhawks
Round 13 -
Venue: Davies Park, Brisbane
Souths Logan Magpies v Townsville Blackhawks
Head-to-Head: Townsville 4 Souths-Logan 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #SLMvTSVB
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: Magpies 11% Blackhawks 89%
- Souths Logan have lost their past six game games and will face a challenge against the visiting Blackhawks.
- They last won in Round 6, but have endured a number of close losses, including a 24-22 defeat in Round 11 against the Hunters in PNG.
- Townsville will be looking to bounce back after their loss against the Wynnum Manly Seagulls in Round 12.
- The Magpies have lost their past nine games played Davies Park.
- The Blackhawks have recorded three away wins in 2019.
Match: Hunters v Cutters
Round 13 -
Venue: Oil Search National Football Stadium, Port Moresby
PNG Hunters v Mackay Cutters
Head-to-Head: PNG 5 Mackay 1 Drawn 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #PNGvMC
Tipping % - via QRL Tipping: PNG 53% Cutters 47%
- Mackay's only win over PNG was in 2014.
- The Cutters have not beaten the Hunters in the four games they have played in PNG, but they have secured one draw.
- Mackay have only one win in their past 13 away games (with 1 draw).
- The visitors require two more tries to bring up 1000 in the Cup - they have 1167 against.
- Yamba Bowie's double last week has moved him past Jordan Pereira and Jardine Bobongie into third most tries for the Cutters with 26. Only Liam Taylor (52) and Bureta Faraimo (31) have more.
- Cutters fullback Carlin Anderson requires one more goal to bring up 200 in the Cup.
- The Hunters Ase Boas requires three points to bring up 500 for the Hunters.
- Named as five-eighth this week, Boas needs 13 to bring up 500 in the Intrust Super Cup.
*Statistics by Brad Tallon
**NOTE: The livestreams linked in this preview are not official QRL productions unless stated