19 years and above
Statewide competitions for senior players provides a direct entry to NRL.
The Hostplus Cup and BMD Premiership sees NRL and NRLW-contracted players taking to the field weekly.
They also provide opportunities for players yet to be signed to an NRL club to push their case for recruitment, along with those released from NRL contracts to continue to play with the intent of returning to the NRL or NRLW.
Harvey Norman Under 19 women’s series
- For players aged between 17 (born 2004) to 19 (born 2002)
- Eight-week pre-season between December and February
- Three rounds between March and April
Hastings Deering Colts
- For players aged between 19 (born 2002) to 21 (born 2000). Exemptions available for 17 and 18-year-old players
- 12-14-week pre-season between December and March
- 16 rounds between April and September
- Senior women’s competition for players aged 18 years (2003) and above
- 12-week pre-season between December and March
- Seven rounds, plus semi-final and final between April and June
- Senior men’s competition for players aged 18 years (2003) and above
- 14-week pre-season between November and March
- 19 rounds plus finals between March and September
Under 19 Women’s National Championships
- Two Queensland teams (Ruby and Sapphire)
- Players selected via performance in QRLW Premiership and Harvey Norman Under 19 competitions
- Championships will serve as the primary selection event for the Queensland Under 19 team to play New South Wales prior to State of Origin