About Support Squad
QRL's Support Squad is a network of volunteers making a positive difference in community rugby league across Queensland.
Squad members will be empowered with knowledge, resources and education to help foster strong and rewarding relationships within their local rugby league community.
Being part of the Support Squad has a range of benefits, including:
- Having direct support and contact with your regional wellbeing manager
- The ability to create strong and rewarding relationships directly with your rugby league community
- Being part of a network of volunteers in the statewide program to share ideas with
- Receiving exclusive professional and personal development
- Mental Health First Aid accreditation
- Being part of the QRL's train the trainer program, helping bring wellbeing programs to your rugby league community
- Being provided with valuable resources to use for your local clubs, including contacts and information
For the cost of $100*, Support Squad members will receive the following:
- Mental Health First Aid accreditation (valid for three years)
- Training from ALIVE to facilitate at your club(s)
- Support Squad polo shirt
- Wellbeing resources, including critical incident plans
*Terms and conditions apply
A range of wellbeing partners have joined forces to help with the Support Squad.
Queensland Rugby League
Queensland Rugby League is committed to supporting and educating rugby league players, parents, coaches and volunteers with on field and off field issues including concussion and injury management, drug and alcohol education, and mental health awareness and support.
QRL has a team of wellbeing managers in the North, Central and South East regions of Queensland to support the rugby league community.
ALIVE's vision is to end suicide in young people and provides online and in-house suicide prevention programs that build resilience, connection and wellbeing that young people love, helping them not simply to survive, but to thrive and be fully alive.
Hear more from ALIVE founder and chief executive officer Tamsyn Rosenberg about their work with sporting programs.
ALIVE's sporting programs
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia is a national not-for-profit health promotion charity focused on mental health training and research, developing and evaluating training programs to train and accredit instructors in mental health literacy.