Queensland Rugby League is committed to making rugby league the greatest game for all.
We are committed to providing a safe, fun and inclusive environment for all people including those of diverse sexualities and genders.
Being an inclusive organisation and sport not only reflects our core values, it reflects the diversity of the communities that we represent.
The QRL has zero tolerance for any discrimination, vilification, harassment or abuse based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity, this includes homophobia, biphobia and transphobia.
Any such conduct is likely to breach the Member Protection Policy and, in some circumstances, may attract legal consequences.
QRL welcomes players with trans and gender-diverse identities to participate in community Rugby League, and supports athletes, participants, volunteers and staff to dress according to their affirmed gender.
If you experience bullying or harassment, or need to report an incident, you can do so by completing a Positive Environment Program (PEP) Incident Form or contact the Queensland Rugby League Member Protection Officer, Darren Schooth (he/him) email@example.com.
All complaints will be investigated and managed confidentially.
- White Cloud Foundation - www.whitecloudfoundation.org/ - (07) 3155 3456
- Qlife – www.qlife.org.au - 1800 184 527
- ACON Pride Counselling – www.acon.org.au/support-services/pride-counselling - 1800 063 060
- Lifeline - www.lifeline.org.au/real-experiences/community-perspectoves/lgbtqia-people - 13 11 14
Education and Resources:
- Pride In Sport & Allianz Coach For All program
- Trans and Gender Diverse Participation Community Guidlines and FAQs
For further information on LGBTQ education, resources and support please contact Liberty Jones (she/her), Social Impact & Inclusion Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org