Cooper Cronk and Corey Parker have today been named in the XXXX Maroons’ Game 3 team after missing last month’s loss to the Blues in Sydney due to injury.
In other developments:
- Will Chambers will make his Origin debut after being selected on the wing as the replacement for the injured Brent Tate
- Jacob Lillyman moves from the interchange bench to starting prop alongside Nate Myles in the wake of Matt Scott’s injury.
- Daly Cherry-Evans reverts back to the utility role on a revamped interchange bench featuring Ben Te’o, Matt Gillett and Dave Taylor.
- QAS Emerging Origin members Josh McGuire and Michael Morgan join the XXXX Maroons squad for the first time.
- Chris McQueen is carrying an ankle injury and will miss out on playing a sixth successive Origin match.
XXXX Queensland Maroons
- Billy SLATER – (Melbourne Storm)
- Darius BOYD – (Newcastle Knights)
- Greg INGLIS – (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Justin HODGES – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Will CHAMBERS – (Melbourne Storm)
- Johnathan THURSTON – (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Cooper CRONK – (Melbourne Storm)
- Jacob LILLYMAN – (NZ Warriors)
- Cameron SMITH (c) – (Melbourne Storm)
- Nate MYLES – (Gold Coast Titans)
- Aidan GUERRA – (Sydney Roosters)
- Sam THAIDAY – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Corey PARKER – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Daly CHERRY-EVANS – (Manly Sea Eagles)
- Ben TE’O – (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Matt GILLETT – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Dave TAYLOR – (Gold Coast Titans)
- Josh McGUIRE – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Michael MORGAN* – (North Queensland Cowboys)
Coach: Mal Meninga
* Will join camp after Cowboys match on Saturday, July 5.