Pride of the North v Eye of the Tiger
Record crowds for the Intrust Super Cup are expected to emerge on Suncorp Stadium for this Sunday’s Grand Final, with pre-sold tickets sales at levels never witnessed before, ensuring the home of rugby league is the only place to be this weekend.
The afternoon will feature the two best teams from Queensland’s premier rugby league competition with minor premiers Northern Pride taking on Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup, along with a live performance by Australian pop rock band Thirsty Merc, delivering at least 20 good reasons to be part of the crowd.
Rugby league action kicks off from 11.45am with the FOGS Colts (Under 20s) Grand Final showcasing some of the best young rugby league talent in the state. It will be followed by the 1.45pm game between FOGS Cup rivals Wynnum Manly Seagulls and Easts Tigers.
With a large crowd expected, patrons are strongly encouraged to avoid the queues by pre-purchasing tickets, along with pre-planning their travel and arriving at the venue early to enjoy a wonderful day of value for money entertainment and activities.
Present your game day ticket to receive free public transport to and from the stadium aboard Queensland Rail City Network trains or Brisbane Transport buses. This ‘Free Public Transport' service has been extended from 7.45am until 9.25pm.
Fans who pre-purchase their ticket through Ticketek will go into the draw for a chance to kick a goal and win a Jeep Cherokee!
Patrons are also advised security measures routinely implemented at Suncorp Stadium when risk levels rise will be in place for this Sunday’s Intrust Super Cup Grand Final, just like all other major gatherings across the country at present.
The most noticeable measure for patrons would be 100 percent bag checks as they enter the Stadium on Sunday which could result in some delays at the gates.
To help minimise delays, we encourage everyone to arrive earlier and avoid bringing bags or backpacks where possible. Please be advised the stadium food and beverage policy will apply on the day.
· Queensland Rugby League Grand Finals – Intrust Super Cup, FOGS Cup & FOGS Colts Challenge.
· Sunday, September 28.
· Suncorp Stadium, Milton.
Grand Final kick off times: (Gates open at 11.30am)
· 11.45am: FOGS Colts Challenge.
· 1.45pm: FOGS Cup.
· 3.55pm: Intrust Super Cup.
General Public Ticket sales commence on Wednesday, September 3 at 9am viaTicketek*.
Ticket prices are for Reserved Seating only and are as follows:
- Adult: $20.00
Juniors up to the age of 17: Free with the purchase of an Adult ticket only (maximum of three juniors in for $0 with each Adult ticket purchased)
- Concession (Pensioner / FT Student): $15.00
– Pensioners with Government issued cards and Students with valid ID.
- Family of three (1 Adult & 2 Juniors): $20.00
- Family of five (2 Adults & 3 Juniors): $40.00
Present your game day ticket to receive free public transport to and from the stadium aboard Queensland Rail City Network trains or Brisbane Transport buses.
This ‘Free Public Transport' service has been extended from 7.45am until 9.25pm.
Tickets are also available at the gate on match day.
*A payment processing fee of 1.95% applies to all purchases made by credit or debit card. A payment processing fee does not apply for purchases made through Ticketek agents or outlets when using cash, or when redeeming a Ticketek Gift Voucher.
· Performance by Australian pop rock band Thirsty Merc, a finalist in the APRA Song of the Year for ‘20 Good Reasons’
· Family Fun Zone on the Northern Plaza. Join Petero Civoniceva, Justin Hodges and Jharal Yow Yeh and our Game Development staff who will run activities for the kids. This area will feature displays from the Australian Army and Queensland Fire & Rescue Service.
· Kick and win a Jeep Cherokee! Fans who pre-purchase their tickets enter the draw to win this fabulous prize.
· Fanatics Bar … enjoy a cool refreshment along with other diehard footy fans in this 18 years and only area on the South West concourse.
· Touch Football exhibition … watch some of Queensland's most talented players light up Suncorp Stadium.
· Blast from the Past Reunion - Men of League will acknowledge the Brisbane Rugby League premiership teams of 1953 (Souths), 1963 (Norths), 1973 (Valleys), 1983 (Easts), 1993 (Wests) and 2003 (Redcliffe).