The Mackay Cutters RLFC is seeking applications for the role of Head Strength, Conditioner and Athletic Development (part-time) for the 2017-18 seasons.
The successful candidate will oversee the club’s strength & conditioning program which includes working with the semi-professional Intrust Super Cup, Junior Rep Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga teams.
Experience: Relevant tertiary education in strength and conditioning experience is highly desirable but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills: Proficient and effective interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence, manage and motivate others (especially a large group of athletes and other staff) and must demonstrate a sound knowledge of rugby league
- Attend all training sessions (coordinate pre-season and in-season training program)
- Attend all matches
- Develop and implement strength and power programs for performance improvement
- Develop and implement a Rugby League specific conditioning program that is periodised appropriately
- Develop athlete specific rehabilitation programs (in conjunction with medical team)
- Conduct appropriate fitness testing and load management of athletes
- Conduct warm up’s, cool down’s and recovery sessions
- Strong communication skills, including the mentoring & managing of other coaches/staff/key partners
- Apply and use up to date evidence based practices to underpin the program
Applications close Wednesday, July 27.
Interest applicants can forward their resume and cover letter to Troy Rovelli CEO Mackay Cutters at firstname.lastname@example.org