You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The PNG Hunters remained undefeated at home after beating the Sunshine Coast Falcons 34-4 at the National Football Stadium yesterday afternoon.

Led by their rejuvenated forward pack, the Hunters dominated the game and were the first side to score in the opening minutes thanks to Enock Maki who powered his way over. Noel Zeming converted the try for a 6-0 lead.

The first half was all one way traffic as the Hunters dominated possession; however both sides were guilty of dropped balls and silly penalties.

The Hunters were in again to score, this time through centre Justin Olam who scored in the 21st minute.

Zeming again converted the try to give the Hunters a 12-0 lead going into the halftime break.

The home side were made to defend well in the second half, which produced errors from the visitors.

Led by the in-form Timothy Lomai, Benjamin Hetra, Esau Siune and Henry Noki – the Hunters caused havoc on the field.

They continued to go in to score, with their third try of the game coming through hooker Gahuna Silas in the 47th minute after a line break from winger Stargroth Amean sent him unmarked to score in the corner.

Hunters extended their lead to 18 points 10 minutes into second half, when they exposed a weak link in the Falcons defensive line.

Stand-in halfback Wartovo Puara dummied and stepped his way past defenders and sprinted 40m to score under the posts.

The visitors struggling to find points, however fullback Samuel Wright and second rower Charlie Galo proved handy for the Falcons.

Despite enjoying a handy lead, the Hunters were not done yet. The next to score was fullback Bland Abavu who used is height to dive over the line after a lost ball from the Falcons within their 20m line.

The Hunters scored again in the next set through Storm-bound centre Justin Olam who scored his second try thanks to a line break by Ase Boas who drew the fullback and sent the unmarked Olam in to score.

The visitors next gave up and with just three minutes to go before fulltime, they were finally on the board after penalty from the Hunters gave them possession.

The home side defended three consecutive sets, but the Falcons were able to break through right on fulltime thanks to Tony Tumusa.

See the final team line-ups and full scoring details for this game via QRL Live

PNG HUNTERS 34 (Justin Olam 2, Enock Maki, Gahuna Silas, Wartovo Puara, Bland Abavu tries; Noel Zeming 5 goals) def SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS 4 (Tony Tumusa try) at National Football Stadium, Port Moresby