Easts Tigers and NRL South Australia (NRL SA) have entered into a partnership which will provide a pathway for talented South Australian players to play higher level rugby league.
The partnership provides numerous benefits for NRL SA players including:
- Under 13 to Under 15 talent squads to play against Easts Tigers and other Intrust Super Cup club’s Academy sides
- An opportunity for talented 17 and 18-year olds to be selected in the Easts Tigers Mal Meninga Cup squads
- A pathway for talented Under 20 players to be selected in the Easts Tigers Under 20 squad, which will compete in the QRL’s statewide Under 20s competition
- Opportunity for a number of talented NRL SA open aged players to undertake a pre-season with the Easts Tigers Intrust Super Cup squad
- NRL SA junior representation program to tap into the Easts Tigers way to play through the transfer of on-field and off-field education programs
- Utilisation of Easts Tigers development staff to deliver coach education programs to NRL SA coaches
- Easts Tigers to sponsor the newly formed NRL SA Mount Barker Tigers
Easts Tigers CEO Brian Torpy said his club were excited to be able to partner with NRL SA.
“The partnership provides a pathway for talented NRL SA players to play at a higher level that currently doesn’t exist,” Torpy said.
“If players from South Australia were able to develop through our junior representative programs and play Intrust Super Cup that would be a tremendous outcome.
“If we can help by promoting and developing rugby league in South Australia, improving player participation and game awareness; then we feel that we have contributed to the game.”