Position Vacant: Bears Development Officer
The Burleigh Bears are currently seeking applications for the position of Rugby League Development Officer to work in their rugby league department.
The Burleigh Bears are one of the largest rugby league clubs in Queensland with seven teams competing in state and Gold Coast competitions.
Teams include the Intrust Super Cup, Women’s (SEQ), Gold Coast Rugby League (Under 19, Reserve and A Grade) as well as the Mal Meninga (Under 18) and FOGS Colts (Under 20) state competitions. Burleigh also has over 40 junior teams.
The right candidate needs to be self-motivated, energetic and be a highly effective communicator to network and build relationships with key stakeholders.
You must have a proven ability of coaching rugby league skills and be able to work unsupervised with the flexibility to work during the week (after normal working hours) and weekend.
You will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be involved with all levels of rugby league on the Gold Coast from junior clubs to junior representative teams to the Burleigh Bears Intrust Super Cup team.
This is a full time position and you will be responsible for a number of roles that include but not limited to:
Representative Co Coordinator: You will oversee the Burleigh Bears Mal Meninga (Under 18) and FOGS Colts (Under 20) program ensuring all staff and players are upholding the programs philosophies, techniques and outcomes.
Player Development: Work alongside players and coaches at Gold Coast Rugby League specific schools and Gold Coast junior rugby league clubs
Player Identification: Work to maximise the identification of local talent from the Gold Coast catchment area
Coaching Education: The role will include designing, implementing and delivering coach education programs for junior coaches.
You must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Current National Coach Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) Level 2 Rugby league Coach;
- Proven technical knowledge in the key roles of the job;
- Current Blue Card - current working with Children credentials;
- Relevant experience in rugby league coaching and/or development;
- A knowledge of contemporary rugby league coaching techniques and practices;
- Demonstrated effective skills in the delivery of education and training programs is desirable;
- Must hold a current Drivers’ Licence.
- Competency in Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
If you require more information or would like to apply for the position, send your cover letter and resume to Damian at email@example.com
Applications close end of business on January 9, 2017.