The Maroons who delivered the series last year were given the chance to perform in Game I but now the team had lost two in a row some changes were needed, coach Kevin Walters said today (June 12).
Walters was speaking at a Brisbane press conference after the Origin team for Sydney (June 21) was announced.
"It's no secret we got beat up through the middle, our forwards didn't aim up so we've made some changes there.
"We feel if our players can stand up in that area that we've got the right class and quality around those guys to get the game right for Queensland.
"That wasn't the case in Game I."
Chairman of Selectors Gene Miles said that even with four on debut the team still boasted combined experience of close to 200 Origins.
"There's a stack of experience still in that side."
QRL Chairman Bruce Hatcher announced the team in alphabetical order.
For more comments from the coach and selector, watch the video above.