Tweed Heads Seagulls v Burleigh Bears
The Tweed Heads Seagulls will play host to the undefeated Burleigh Bears this weekend. Standing third on the ladder, the Seagulls are in top form after defeating the physical Bilambil Jets last weekend 32-14. Jayden Baker and Jenan Parrish both scored doubles, and they will be ones to keep an eye on. The Burleigh Bears also showed their strength by dominating the Ormeau Shearers 110-4. “The boys were just energetic and didn’t make many errors,” coach Stuart Wilkins said of the team’s performance. As tries got spread across the board, special mention went to Sam Grant who scored five tries while Sam Swift, Harry Hughes and Keanu Te Kiri took complete control of the team. this weekend should provide a great clash as both the Seagulls and Bears are aiming to stay within the top three of the competition.
Bilambil Jets v Ormeau Shearers
Down south, the Bilambil Jets will take on the Ormeau Shearers. Despite a heavy loss last weekend against the Burleigh Bears, the Ormeau Shearers are maintaining a positive attitude about the weekends ahead. Commended by the opposition for their sportsman-like conduct, the Shearers are becoming well-respected for constantly returning and showing enthusiasm to compete. Although the Bilambil Jets also lost last weekend against Tweed Heads, the team is looking strong after challenging the Seagulls for a final score of 32-14. The Jets are looking for a strong win as they are on the brink of making the top five, just behind the Currumbin Eagles.
Runaway Bay Seagulls v Currumbin Eagles
The Runaway Bay Seagulls will take on the unpredictable Currumbin Eagles this weekend at Bycroft Oval. After defeating the strong Tugun Seahawks last weekend by a field goal 29-28, the Runaway Bay Seagulls are looking solid heading into this week’s clash. Scoring a double, Walter Lauenstein will be one to watch this weekend. The surprising Currumbin Eagles climbed up the ladder after they defeat the Southport Tigers 30-22 last weekend. “We just played to our structure and set goals we wanted to achieve, working on the little things, the boys executed them well,” Eagles coach Ryan Gundry said of the match. Hoping to constantly improve and challenge teams, the Eagles want to be positive and cherish the opportunity to compete amongst the top competitors. Although full back Harley Wood stands out, the Eagles will feel the loss of goal kicker and five-eighth Brayden Evans who is out with an injury.
Southport Tigers v Tugun Seahawks
Central Gold Coast will see the Southport Tigers play the physical Tugun Seahawks. The Tigers have suffered a handful of injuries including fullback Jordan Stewart who will be out for the rest of the season. “We lacked a bit of ball control last weekend which we will be working on as well as our defence,” Tigers coach Tim Cannard said. Despite the loss, Justin McKenna, Scott Jensen and Lamonz Williams stood out in last weekend’s match. The Tigers are looking forward to the tough clash against one of the top teams in the Tugun Seahawks. The Seahawks also experienced a loss last weekend by field goal against Runaway Bay. "Overall, I am happy with the performance of the team, especially as we were light on players,” Seahawks coach Martin Griese said. Working on line speed and creating opportunities, the Seahawks are focusing on themselves in the lead up to this weekend. The team will look to five-eighth Drumayne Dayberg-Muir who stood up in the clash against the Seagulls.
Round 12 Teams Lists
Tweed Heads Seagulls v Burleigh Bears at Piggabeen Sports, Sunday, July 16 – 12.15pm
1.Jayden Baker 2. Shaquille Gafa 3. Kurtis McDonald 4. Brayden McGrady 5. Kobi Annand 6. Josh Ralph 7. Paul Sheedy 8. Shem Vaoa 9. Jack Cook 10. Josh Harvey (c) 11. Jackson Clarke 12. Kirk Murphy 13. Maia Sands 16. Shaun Hinton 17. Samuel Tochterman 18. Jordan Aiono 20. Jenan Parrish
Coach: Darryl Fisher
1. Sam Grant 2. Toby McIntosh 3. Dylan Pelo 4. Te Rangiatea McDonald 5. Waka Wanahi 6. Keanu Te Kiri 7. Jacob Grant 8. Daymeric Pelo 9. Ricardo Parata 10. Tyler Sparkes 11. Jesse Malcolm 12. Daniel Schwass 13. Parahi Wilson 14. Sam Swift 15. Anthony Gray 16. Ben Carberry 17. Harry Hughes
Coach: Stuart Wilkins
Bilambil Jets v Ormeau Shearers at Bilambil Sports, Sunday, July 16 – 2pm
1. Cal Lynn 2. Brodie Cook 3. Ben Bullock 4. Luke Harvey 5. Josh Quinn 6. Tom Dawney 7. Carne Rhodes 8. Mitch Spackman (c) 9. Zeke Garrett 10. Chris Rigney 11. Harrison Burling 12. Jackson Springer 13. Tom Raftery 14. Luke Jaeger 15. Brendon Welsh 16. Nick Bond
Coach: Craig Rowles
1. Josh Walker 2. Kale Fraser 3. Johnny Farr 4. Taani Uhila-Ngata 5. Nathan Farragher 6. Jack Sanburg 7. Ben Muller 8. Mohi Kendrick 9. Trent Shield 10. Shane Blow 11. Jordan Haim 12. Jayde Graco 13. Dallas Chase 14. Blake Brown 15. Alf Marsters
Coach: Ian Frame
Runaway Bay Seagulls v Currumbin Eagles at Bycroft Oval, Sunday, July 16 – 2pm
Runaway Bay Seagulls
1. John Mackin 2. Walter Launstein 3. Matt Gandy (c) 4. Lance Belford-Laulu 5. Jake Powell 6. Falani Arkell 7. James Poland 8. Jordan McLaughlin 9. Ethan Gallop 10. Kingi Akauola 11. Santana Latu 12. Kimihia Hemopo 13. Brodie Clark 14. Rob Reid 15. Henry Chan-Ting 16. Jackson O’Leary 17. Blake Midson
Coach: Clinton Toopi
1. Jackson Galwey 2. Lachie Smith 3. Kenny Allison (c) 4. Nathan Ingram 5. Harley Wood 6. TBA 7. Liam Donnelly 8. Jarrod Gill 9. Kelly Benson 10. Kieran Tarrant 11. Jayde Batchelor 12. Scott Avery 13. Wayne Ryburn 14. Jake Long 15. Cooper Hennessey 16. Ethan Williams 17. Jacob Roby
Coach: Ryan Gundry
Southport Tigers v Tugun Seahawks at Owen Park, Sunday, July 16 – 2pm
1. TBA 2. Jayden Watene 3. Joe Ramsden 4. Carlo Alimboyong 5. Classie Oti 6. Israel Oti 7. Kane Rudolph 8. Te-Reihana Peters 9. Damian Dumas 10. Lachlan Douglas 11. Justin McKenna 12. Adam Kelly 13. Mick Esdale 14. Zoram Watene 15. Jake Landers 17. Dylan Lagerstrom 19. Tahu-Potiki Tawhiwhirangi 20. Cody Evans
Coach: Tim Cannard
1. Corey Morris 2. Adam Barnes 3. Kevin Nilan 4. Tim Cassidy 5. Elijah Barnes 6. Grayson Te Kiri 7. Drumayne Dayberg-Muir 8. Bryce Thomas 9. Chris Thomas 10. Brad Adams 11. Daniel Webb 12. Ayden Lee 13. Shane Gray 14. Zac Jones 15. Matt Byrne 16. Tu Whakatihi 17. Sam Eley
Coach: Martin Griese