Positions vacant: Wellbeing and Education
The Queensland Rugby League is looking for expressions of interest for 2 x Wellbeing and Education Operations Mangers – one for the Northern division (based in Townsville or Cairns) and one for the Central Division (based on the Sunshine Coast or maybe Rockhampton).
If you are interested in applying for either of these roles please read through the information below.
Salary depends on skills and experience and will be in the range $54,000-$64,000.
Please note that you will require a current Driver’s Licence and you must be eligible to obtain a Blue Card.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
In the role of Operations Manager Wellbeing & Education you will contribute to program delivery through the provision of high-level support to the Division Manager, Assistant Division Manager, NRL Development Officers, and Local League/s by leading and managing the delivery of program support services within the League/s.
You will directly support leagues, clubs and players in being better for having been part of the game. This includes caring for and developing individuals to be balanced in life, vocationally active, good team mates, self-aware and self-confident, respectful, wise and ethical decision makers and proud of the game of Rugby League.
- Develop/adapt/maintain current NRL and QRL approved education presentations
- Establish/maintain a delivery method for these programs and messages in conjunction with QLD based Welfare and Education Manager
- Implement/maintain these programs to players, officials, parents and volunteers within the Central Division
- Liaise closely with QLD based Welfare and Education staff to ensure programs and resources complement the national objectives and make efficient use of resources
- Establish and maintain mental health and wellbeing support services throughout the Division that can be accessed by all participants in the game. (E.g. Lifeline, Headspace, Men of League etc.)
- Maintain and build relationships with mental health and wellbeing services including Charity Partners and Charity Mental Health and Wellbeing services relationships
- Develop/maintain mental health awareness and wellbeing programs throughout the region. (E.g. Mental Health First Aid, State of Mind)
Career Wise Support
- Promote the NRL Career-wise and Learning with League programs throughout the Division to all participants in the game
- Establish strong relationships with Educational and Vocational support services throughout the Division that provide support and guidance to Rugby League participants
- Work with junior representative squads to ensure Career-wise objectives are promoted and supported (e.g. no school – no play policies)
- Liaise closely with the QLD based Welfare and Education and Community staff to ensure maximum efficiency with the developed resources and programs
Reporting & Evaluation
- Maintain accurate records on activities conducted on the most suitable format available (e.g. Leaguenet Database or equivalent)
- Establish/maintain a suitable forum for feedback to evaluate the effectiveness, relevance and quality of programs delivered
- Provide reports as requested by the Division Manager
- Invest in personal ongoing professional development. This includes:
- Completion and maintenance of the minimum certification for Education and Welfare Managers, e.g. Mental Health First Aid, Certificate 4 in Career Development, Certificate 4 in Elite Athlete Wellbeing
- Attendance at NRL Welfare and Education Managers’ meetings throughout the year
Applications close 5pm Sunday 17 December. To apply visit the following advertised positions on SEEK: