The PNG Hunters have provided an update on the makeup of their 2019 playing squad.
Last week, the club announced that 11 players have been released from the original 60-man squad they named earlier this month for personal reasons, failing medical / fitness tests or had been ruled out with injuries after Week 1 of the pre-season training sessions in Port Moresby.
The players are:
1. Muka Peter Kalu – Medical / Fitness
2. William Aquila – Personal
3. Kennedy Ben - Medical / Fitness
4. Edwin Ipape - Personal
5. Weser Tenza – Injuries
6. Joejoe Walamus – Injuries
7. Dickson Pipi – Medical / Fitness
8. Baddy Jack – Medical / Fitness
9. Thompson Gallen – Medical / Fitness
10. Livai Andrew – Injuries
11. Chris Gor – Medical / Fitness
However, coach Michael Marum has made one addition to the squad, with Jack Oii from Magani club in the POMRFL competition joining the squad.
The squad is currently undergoing intensive training sessions in the gym and field at the National Football Stadium in Port Moresby.
In season 2019, the Hunters will be putting their faith in new faces from the Digicel Cup competitions and local leagues to lift to Intrust Super Cup standard.
The final 30-man squad for the 2019 Intrust Super Cup season will be named on December 23, 2018.