The 2019 InTech Rugby League Brisbane senior finals start this weekend with an exciting new cross-river structure.
For the first time, the top four from the Northside and Southside competitions will square off in a cross-river finals series to determine the Rugby League Brisbane premiers.
In the past, the separate competitions would determine their own champions, with the cross-river challenge pitting the champions against each other in recent years.
This year, a combined North and South top eight finals series will decide sole champions in each of the three senior divisions.
Ladder positions are determined by the following criteria;
- The top four from each competition (North and South) will qualify
- The minor premiers from each competition will occupy positions 1 and 2 on the finals ladder, with the best performed team filling position 1
- Positions 3 and 4 will be determined in the same manner from the two teams finishing second in their respective competitions
- Positions 5 and 6 will be determined in the same manner from the two teams finishing third in their respective competitions
- Positions 7 and 8 will be determined in the same manner from the two teams finishing fourth in their respective competitions
These cross-river top eight finals will be carried out in all three senior divisions (flow chart below). Finals fixtures start this Saturday, August 24.
In what will be a massive weekend of local footy across the city, junior Rugby League Brisbane finals will also be held in the majority of the Under 13 to Under 18 divisions.
In all, there will be 41 games played across Brisbane in senior and junior divisions.