Brisbane's David Fifita will not face disciplinary action from the NRL Integrity Unit due to a lack of conclusive evidence over the incident that led to him being jailed in Bali last month.
The NRL announced on Thursday that it was satisfied with the actions taken by the Broncos following Fifita's arrest and three-day imprisonment in Indonesia for allegedly assaulting a nightclub security guard.
Fifita reportedly paid an unspecified amount out of his own pocket to reach a peace settlement with the bouncer and ensure his release, as is available under Indonesian law.
Brisbane have denied making any financial contribution to that settlement, but did send welfare officer Adam Walsh to Bali to support Fifita and help broker his release.
NRL.com understands that video footage of the incident obtained by the Integrity Unit did not clearly show wrongdoing on Fifita's part.
The NRL's six-week investigation into the matter was also hamstrung by the need for translators regarding Indonesian police documents.
Fifita and Brisbane officials co-operated fully with the Integrity Unit over the course of interviews and provided mobile phone records to investigators.
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said ultimately the NRL's decision not to punish Fifita was based solely on available facts.
"It is important that our determinations are based on the evidence before us," Greenberg said.
"In this case, after analysing a multitude of evidence we cannot say with certainty that a breach has occurred."
Brisbane CEO Paul White welcomed the NRL's decision and confirmed Fifita will be available in round one, 2020, with the Broncos also not imposing any club sanction on the star teenager.
A statement from the club declared Brisbane had engaged an independent local law firm to review their handling of the matter, passing on its endorsement of the Broncos actions to the NRL as well.
"We trust David’s version of events in that he did not commit an assault, but we understand that the Integrity Unit had a job to do," White said.
"We have respected that process from the very start and cooperated every step of the way.
"As a club, our main focus was to ensure David returned home safely and we were able to work together to achieve that – and the NRL has found that we acted appropriately in at-times challenging circumstances."
Fifita gave a brief statement upon his return from Bali six weeks ago but is otherwise yet to speak publicly on the incident.
With the investigation now finalised attention turns to the off-contract star's future given he is one of the most in-demand players in the game.
Brisbane are expected to retain the youngster beyond 2020 with an upgraded, multimillion-dollar deal, though the likes of Canterbury and other clubs are believed to be willing to splash cash to try and lure him from Brisbane.