Broncos outside back Izaia Perese has been stood down indefinitely by the club after being charged by police with drug-related offences.
The 22-year-old former Queensland Reds player was charged on Monday with drug offences and was granted bail.
He will appear in a Brisbane court on March 9.
The Broncos sent Perese home from the NRL Nines in Perth when the club was made aware of the developing situation.
He did not take the field in either of the games the Broncos played in the tournament.
Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White said Perese had been stood down by the Club with immediate effect, and would not be required to train or play with the team.
White said the Broncos had made the NRL Integrity Unit aware of the issue, and would work closely with them.
“Standing down Izaia is not a judgement of his guilt or innocence, but recognition that this is a serious matter,” White said.
“We have discussed our course of action and the reasoning behind it with Izaia, and he understands the action we have taken.
“We will review the matter as it moves through the legal process.”