Cowboys star Valentine Holmes didn't return for the second half of Thursday's clash with the Roosters due to an ankle injury.
Holmes, who missed two matches after hurting his ankle in round five, suffered what appeared to be a recurrence of the injury during the first half of Thursday's match and didn't come out for the second half.
Roosters winger Brett Morris was a late scratching from Thursday's clash with the Cowboys after suffering a groin injury in the warm-up.
The in-form veteran was seen taking off a groin strap after pulling up lame before heading straight to the sheds. He was replaced by Matt Ikuvalu.
Morris's absence means the Roosters are without both their first-choice flankers with Daniel Tupou expected to miss around eight weeks after suffering an ankle syndesmosis injury last round.
Tupou underwent surgery after being hurt in a golden-point loss to Melbourne.
Adding to the Roosters' woes they lost veteran No.9 Jake Friend in the first half in Townsville after he failed his HIA.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have confirmed that lock Adam Elliott won't play again this year due to a shoulder injury that requires surgery.
Tests revealed Elliott needs a shoulder reconstruction after having earlier suffered a dislocation.
On Wednesday, the Bulldogs website reported Elliott was facing a five-to-six month recovery period.
Storm five-eighth Cameron Munster could return from an MCL injury against the Raiders on Saturday two weeks ahead of schedule.
Papenhuyzen has proved himself as the go-to man
"I think [Munster] should be right for this week which is pretty crazy," teammate Brandon Smith told Inside the NRL on Monday. "He's one of those guys that just heals up so well."
The Eels have recorded a triple injury blow, with forwards Ray Stone and Oregon Kaufusi each suffering broken hands in the round eight win over the Cowboys while halfback Mitch Moses's return from a calf strain has been pushed back.
Papa power: Raiders spearhead on Storm radar
In terrible news for the Canberra Raiders, forwards Emre Guler and Sia Soliola are facing longer stints on the sideline than initially expected.
Guler was found to have fractured his ankle in the win over the Dragons, with the Raiders website saying he is expected to miss between eight and 10 weeks.
Soliola, who suffered a facial fracture in the same game, is expected to undergo surgery this week with a timeframe of 12-16 weeks placed on his recovery.
With the Raiders viewed as strong finals chances, Soliola and the club will be hoping the veteran forward is able to play again this year. Guler, on the other hand, is set for a return between rounds 17-19.
These two setbacks come on top of the serious injuries already suffered by John Bateman (shoulder - indefinite) and Corey Horsburgh (foot - round 20).
Rabbitohs centre Braidon Burns successfully underwent surgery on a ruptured patella tendon earlier this week, ruling him out for the season.
Forward Tom Amone's 2020 campaign is also over after having surgery on his MCL and ACL.
Rabbitohs wary of Doueihi
Wests Tigers have confirmed back-rower Luciano Leilua will be ready to face the Rabbitohs after being cleared of lasting damage from a head knock.
Sharks fullback Matt Moylan is expected to miss 4-6 weeks after scans showed he suffered a grade-two hamstring tear against the Titans on Saturday.
The talented No.1 missed 14 games last year with soft-tissue injuries and has played only five matches in 2020.
Panthers winger Brian To'o will miss up to two months after scans revealed he suffered a grade-three syndesmosis injury against the Wests Tigers.
Warriors utility forward Jazz Tevaga has confirmed he is "ready to go" this week after overcoming knee and calf injuries.
Every try from round 8
The Casualty Ward
- Matt Lodge (knee, round 9)
- Cory Paix (pectoral, round 9)
- Kotoni Staggs (hamstring, round 9)
- Jake Turpin (leg, round 10)
- Jesse Arthars (knee, round 10-11)
- David Fifita (knee, round 10-11)
- Joe Ofahengaue (suspended, round 10)
- Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
- Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
- Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
- Jack Bird (ACL, season)
Young Raiders to step up in Soliola's absence
- Sia Soliola (facial fracture, finals)
- Emre Guler (ankle, round 17-19)
- Corey Horsburgh (foot, round 20)
- John Bateman (shoulder, indefinite)
- Sebastian Kris (extended sick leave)
- Andre Niko (knee, season)
- Chris Smith (knee, round 10)
- Will Hopoate (ankle, round 13-15)
- Joe Stimson (shoulder, season)
- Adam Elliott (shoulder, season)
- Matt Moylan (hamstring, round 12-14)
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (knee, round 9)
- Bronson Xerri (stood down)
- Cameron King (ACL, season)
- Mitch Rein (knee, indefinite)
- Kevin Proctor (biceps, round 10-11)
- Phillip Sami (dislocated shoulder, round 13)
- AJ Brimson (back, indefinite)
- Young Tonumaipea (knee, indefinite)
- Ryan James (knee, season)
- Jonus Pearson (pectoral, season)
Fonua-Blake breaks silence over referee outburst
- Dylan Walker (ankle, round 13)
- Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 14-16)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, indefinite)
- Manase Fainu (stood down/shoulder)
- Addin Fonua-Blake (suspended, round 11)
- Cameron Munster (knee, round 9-10)
Could Bellamy be about to ride off into the sunset?
- Tim Glasby (head knock, round 9)
- Kalyn Ponga (head knock, round 9)
- Connor Watson (ankle, round 9-10)
- Edrick Lee (arm, indefinite)
- Sione Mata'utia (head knock, round 10)
- Mitch Barnett (neck, indefinite)
- Jayden Brailey (knee, season)
- Valentine Holmes (ankle, TBC)
- Justin O'Neil (head knock, round 10)
- Tom Opacic (knee, TBC)
- John Asiata (knee, round 10-11)
- Michael Morgan (shoulder, indefinite)
- Oregon Kaufusi (broken hand, round 13-14)
- Ray Stone (broken hand, round 14-15)
- Mitchell Moses (calf, round 12-13)
- Kane Evans (calf, indefinite)
- Peni Terepo (indefinite)
- Brian To'o (ankle, round 17)
- Kurt Capewell (knee, round 17)
- Pat Hollis (abdominal, indefinite)
Braidon Burns successfully underwent surgery on a ruptured patella tendon on Tuesday, ruling him out for the season. Tom Amone's 2020 is also done after he had surgery on his MCL and ACL.
- Tom Amone (knee, season)
- Braidon Burns (knee, season)
- Tariq Sims (wrist, round 9)
- Jacob Host (hamstring, round 10)
- Brayden Wiliame (calf, round 10-11)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Daniel Tupou underwent surgery on an ankle syndesmosis injury suffered injuries late in last Thursday night's match against the Storm.
Brett Morris was a late scratching from the round nine clash with North Queensland due to a groin injury.
Jake Friend failed his HIA in the first half against the Cowboys and did not return.
- Brett Morris (groin, TBC)
- Jake Friend (head knock, TBC)
- Boyd Cordner (head knock, round 10)
- Daniel Tupou (ankle, round 15)
- Isaac Liu (broken rib, round 10-11)
- Victor Radley (knee, season)
- Sam Verrills (knee, season)
- Billy Smith (knee, season)
Egan backs Payten to coach Warriors beyond 2020
- Kodi Nikorima (HIA, round 10)
- Lachlan Burr (head knock, round 9)
- Jazz Tevaga (calf strain, round 9)
- Eliesa Katoa (ankle, round 10)
- Adam Keighran (knee, 11-13)
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, round 12-14)
- Leeson Ah Mau (pectoral, indefinite)
- Rocco Berry (back, indefinite)
- Taane Milne (knee, season)
- Jackson Frei (knee, season)
- Bunty Afoa (knee, season)
- Selestino Ravutaumada (season)
Sam McIntyre will miss this Friday's clash against Souths after failing to recover from concussion.
Luciano Leilua was helped from the field after copping a high shot in the second half against the Panthers last week but is set to play this week.
- Joey Leilua (suspended, round 13)
- Sam McIntyre (concussion, round 10)
- Alex Twal (knee, round 10-11)
- Jacob Liddle (knee, round 14-15)
- Zane Musgrove (foot, round 16-18)
- Robert Jennings (hamstring, indefinite)