You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Tigers defeated the Tornadoes 32-22 in the Ipswich Rugby League Second Division at Daniel's Park on Saturday.

The Tigers and Tornadoes played out an exciting match with a lot of attacking flair and creativity.

The Tigers were quick to leap out to a 10-nil lead in the early stages of the match but the Tornadoes got themselves into good attacking position by rolling a kick-off into touch after a Tigers try to win possession.

The Tornadoes showed great attacking ability and the Tigers defence seemed to be able to match it until Asalele Matagi got on the outside of the Tigers' defence to race over and score.

Shortly after, Tornadoes fullback David Mack sliced through to score allowing his team to level the scores at 10-10.

Relieving penalties allowed the Tigers to get into good attacking position and they took full advantage of it when Ina Tuiga scored to give the Tigers a 16-10 halftime lead.

Both teams scored early in the second-half to take the score line to 22-16.

In the 53rd minute Mitchell Allen scored for the Tigers to extend his team's lead to 28-16.

With three minutes remaining Samuel Eagleton scored for the Tigers to put the result beyond doubt with the Tigers now leading 32-16.

In the final minute of play, despite trailing by 16 points, the Tornadoes weren't done attacking when they kicked from a scrum to score a try on the stroke of fulltime to cut the margin to ten points at 32-22.

In round eight of the Ipswich Rugby League Mayor Paul Pisasale A-Grade Cup Norths defeated West End 24-20, Brothers defeated Fassifern 40-38 and Swifts defeated Goodna 36-34.

Acknowledgement of Country

Queensland Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Platinum Partners

View All Partners