Junior rugby league players on the Gold Coast are invited to take part in a skills clinic this Thursday with members of the Burleigh Bears club.
This clinic is for registered QRL players aged 13-17 years and is a chance for them to elevate their skills under the guidance of five elite rugby league coaches who will focus on skill development in the areas of:
- kicking and catching
- defensive technique
- line running
- specific position skills
The coaches are:
- Jimmy Lenihan – Burleigh Bears Intrust Super Cup head coach (and former St George Dragons NRL player)
- Matt Keating – Burleigh Bears Development Officer (and former Parramatta Eels NRL player)
- Matt Foster - Burleigh Bears A Grade coach (and former English Super League player)
- Jamie McCormack – Gold Coast Titans Elite Player Development manager
- Ben Woolf – Gold Coast Titans NYC Under 20s
Registration and payment to be made at Burleigh Bears Leagues Club by today (Tuesday, July 5) and can be made over the phone or in person at the club.
Players who wish to take part are required to bring a hat, football boots and water bottle.
For more information, contact Matt Keating on firstname.lastname@example.org
Burleigh Bears Rugby League Skills Clinic
- Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
- Time: 9am – 1pm
- Venue: Bob Singh Oval – Pizzey Park
- Cost: $35 (includes football or hat, morning tea and lunch )