The PNGRFL are calling for suitable people to apply for the position of CEO.
The PNGRFL is seeking a motivated professional who can continue the momentum which has been created and will ensure the sport deserves its recognition as the national sport of PNG.
The Papua New Guinea Rugby Football League is the governing body for the management, promotion and development of the sport of rugby league throughout Papua New Guinea.
The PNGRFL is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to this prestigious operation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible to grow and develop all facets of the sport throughout PNG.
The successful applicant ideally will have a strong commercial background, sports management and marketing experience which are considered desirable attributes, but not necessarily essential.
This is a prestigious hands-on management role requiring proven leadership and corporate communication skills as well as an ability to understand and relate to the unique cultural and geographic challenges that will be encountered as the sport develops to the next level.
You will possess the necessary attributes to interpret the intentions of the Board of Directors and apply a commercial plan to achieve successful outcomes.
To be successful in this position you will have:
• Business Degree qualification with a minimum of five (5) years in a senior management role
• Strong and effective management and leadership skills
• Highly developed financial management skills
• Demonstrated ability to liaise successfully with sponsors and key stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven experience in communicating effectively with all facets of the media and key stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing significant events such as national and international competitions
• Proven ability to work with the Chairman and the Board to develop and deliver the strategic and financial outcomes required of a successful national sporting body.
This is a residential role and a competitive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
This position is open to PNG citizen and non-citizen applicants.
To apply, visit: Vanguard International Current Vacancies
Complete the Application Form and follow the website instruction to forward Vanguard International a completed Application Form and a brief CV.
If you are unable to do this, telephone 321 7464 to obtain an application form.
Applications close COB on Friday, December 9, 2016.
Please note, only short listed applicants will be contacted.