School Writing Competition
Are you a secondary school student with a passion for rugby league and the Maroons?
If so, this is your opportunity to have some fun and put your name in the running to win some fantastic State of Origin prizes.
All you need to do is submit a Personal Essay – titled “What the Maroons Mean to Me” – and you could win a Junior Maroon Membership as well as a unique experience inside Camp Maroon alongside Queensland’s Origin heroes.
The competition is an initiative of the QRL History Committee, which has partnered with the Queensland School Sport 13-18 Years Rugby League committee to bring the project to life.
To enter, email your story to email@example.com with the subject heading – School Writing Competition – by close of business on Friday, May 26, 2017.
The winning entries will be announced in the lead up to Game II of the Holden State of Origin series.
The Age Divisions for the School Writing competition (400 – 600 words) are listed below:
- Year 7
- Years 8 & 9
- Years 10-12
QRL History Committee Chairman Kevin Brasch is encouraging students across Queensland to share their story.
Students can write about their own backyard ‘Origin’ games, or their own rugby league experiences, from watching the game alongside family and friends on TV or in the grandstands.
Or maybe it’s the thrills and spills of the Origin arena, and Queensland’s famous never-say-die attitude, that will ignite your story.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Write your Personal Essay (400 – 600 words), and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use School Writing Competition in the Subject Heading.
- Complete and submit the following details in the body of the email:
STUDENT’S YEAR LEVEL:
I declare that this entry is my original work:
I have read and acknowledged the conditions of this competition:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Winners will be announced on www.qrl.com.au in the lead up to Game II of the Holden State of Origin series.
- The judging committee’s decision is final.
- Only the work of students who have answered “YES” to both Entrant Declaration questions will be considered for prizes.
- Winners give permission for their Personal Essay and name to be published on www.qrl.com.au
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third in each age division with each place-getter (9 in total) to receive a free Junior Maroon Membership
- Additionally, the winner of each age group (3 in total) will be invited to attend a Queensland Maroons training session as a special guest of the QRL.
* Does not include travel or accommodation.