Rabbitohs centre Dane Gagai has trained strongly to ease any doubts about his return from a hamstring injury in Friday's sudden-death clash with Manly at ANZ Stadium.
Gagai passed a fitness test on Monday and backed it up by getting through a wet field session the next day to all but confirm he'll face the Sea Eagles.
Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans returned to training on Tuesday after being laid low with a stomach bug and is a certain starter for Friday's sudden-death clash.
The halfback was sent home from a recovery and video session on Monday to ensure his team-mates didn't pick up his virus.
Prop Taniela Paseka (knee) is a chance to return if Manly can progress to week three but big guns Joel Thompson (arm), Curtis Sironen (foot) and Tom Trbojevic (pectoral) are all gone for the season.
Manly prop Martin Taupau will return from suspension as will South Sydney skipper Sam Burgess.
Kane Evans is back from suspension for the Eels, while Melbourne look set to stay with the same line-up that was beaten by Canberra in their qualifying final last Saturday.
The Storm are hopeful that interchange forward Brandon Smith will be fit for the Eels game. Smith is still battling a shoulder problem he picked up against the Raiders in week one and the Kiwi has also been battling a dose of the flu.
"He is still a bit sore there, but we think he should be right," Storm coach Craig Bellamy said.
"His flu seems to have hung around a bit longer than we hoped but we gave him Tuesday off so hopefully he is OK."
Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles, Friday 7:50pm at ANZ Stadium
Rabbitohs: No late changes are expected, with Dane Gagai (hamstring) training without issue. Adam Doueihi has been named at fullback but the youngster said he will trade places with winger Alex Johnston throughout the match if he needs a quick rest. Back-rowers Jaydn Su'A and Kyle Turner have been included in the reserves as cover. The Rabbitohs have won five of their seven finals matches at ANZ Stadium.
Sea Eagles: No changes expected for Des Hasler's men. Toafofoa Sipley has been bumped to the reserves, while Tony 'T-Rex' Williams remains in the 21-man squad to be eligible for a surprise call-up to the playing side. The Sea Eagles have lost their past nine games at ANZ Stadium.
Storm v Eels, Saturday 7:50pm at AAMI Park
Storm: No late changes are expected with Craig Bellamy keeping the faith in the 17 men who played in the loss to Canberra last week. Cameron Munster's shoulder has pulled up well, so out-of-favour halfback Brodie Croft seems unlikely to be called on from the reserves. The Storm have won seven of their past nine games against the Eels.
Eels: No changes are expected to the team named on Tuesday, with Parramatta boasting a clean bill of health which is a massive bonus at this time of the season. Winger Maika Sivo has scored six tries in his past three games.
The Casualty Ward
The Broncos have confirmed halfback Sean O'Sullivan suffered an ACL injury, which will likely require surgery. He is expected to be on the sidelines for six to nine months.
Tevita Pangai jnr will miss an end-of-season Test for Tonga through suspension but will be available for Brisbane to start 2020.
- Sean O'Sullivan (knee, season)
- Richie Kennar (shoulder, indefinite)
- Tom Dearden (ankle, season)
- Jack Bird (knee, season)
- Tevita Pangai jnr (suspended, season)
Raiders utility back Nick Cotric required stitches to his upper lip and nose after copping an accidental boot to the face from Storm fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen on Saturday night. He is expected to be right for the preliminary final on home soil against either Manly or Souths.
- Nick Cotric (facial injury, finals week 3)
- Michael Oldfield (shoulder, season)
- Brad Abbey (knee, season)
- Hudson Young (suspended, season)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak underwent clean-out surgery to repair a small meniscus tear in his knee. He should be ready when pre-season rolls around with an estimated recovery of four to six weeks post-operation, but his international duties with the Kiwis could be affected.
- Kerrod Holland (shoulder, season)
- Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder, season)
- Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (knee, season)
- Brandon Wakeham (thumb, season)
- Sauaso Sue (knee, season)
- Marcelo Montoya (knee, season)
- Matt Moylan (hamstring, season)
- Dale Copley (knee, season)
- Ryan James (knee, season)
- Shannon Boyd (shoulder, season)
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, finals week 2)
- Martin Taupau (suspension, finals week 2)
- Taniela Paseka (knee, finals week 3)
- Curtis Sironen (foot, season)
- Tom Trbojevic (pectoral, season)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, season)
- Joel Thompson (arm, season)
- Christian Welch (knee, season)
- Albert Vete (shoulder, season)
- Tautau Moga (hamstring, season)
- Danny Levi (neck, season)
- Edrick Lee (arm, season)
- Beau Fermor (knee, season)
- Phoenix Crossland (foot, season)
- Slade Griffin (knee, season)
- Nathan Ross (pelvis, retirement)
- Jake Clifford (ankle, season)
- Ben Hampton (biceps, season)
- Justin O'Neill (spleen, season)
- Matt Scott (mild stroke, season)
- Te Maire Martin (brain bleed, season)
- Mitch Dunn (shoulder, season)
- Kurt Baptiste (knee, season)
- Kane Evans (suspension, finals week 2)
- Kaysa Pritchard (retired)
- Josh Mansour (back, season)
- Mitch Kenny (elbow, season)
- Isaah Yeo (shoulder, season)
- Jack Hetherington (sternum, season)
- Caleb Aekins (foot, season)
- Tim Grant (pectoral, season)
- Jed Cartwright (shoulder, season)
- Tyrone May (stood down)
- Sam Burgess (suspension, finals week 2)
- Braidon Burns (hamstring, finals week 2)
- Dane Gagai (hamstring, finals week 2)
- Greg Inglis (shoulder, retired)
- Jordan Pereira (neck/head, season)
- Cameron McInnes (leg, season)
- Tariq Sims (groin, season)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Captain Boyd Cordner (quad) is expected to be fit for his team's preliminary final after leaving the field as a precaution during the win over the Rabbitohs.
Winger Daniel Tupou picked up a minor groin strain in that match but should also be fine to play in the preliminary final against the Storm or Eels in week three.
- Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (suspension, grand final)
- Jake Friend (arm, finals week 3)
- Boyd Cordner (quad, finals week 3)
- Daniel Tupou (groin, finals week 3)
- Peta Hiku (shoulder, internationals)
- Karl Lawton (shoulder, season)
- Chanel Harris-Tevita (arm, season)
- Patrick Herbert (quad, season)
- Tohu Harris (knee, season)
- Gerard Beale (knee, season)
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, season)
- Moses Mbye (hip flexor, season)
- Mahe Fonua (foot, season)
- Josh Aloiai (hand, season)
- Jacob Liddle (knee, season)
- Russell Packer (foot, season)
- Ben Matulino (knee, season)