Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs will miss the All Stars game and Brisbane's trial against Redcliffe due to a foot injury sustained in Tonga's Test win over Australia last November.
South Sydney's Cody Walker is in doubt for the All Stars game due to a knee injury. Ryan James is confident of being cleared to return from his knee reconstruction for the Indigenous All Stars.
Key Roosters duo Luke Keary and Mitchell Aubusson are back in full training ahead of the World Club Challenge.
Keary carried an ankle issue throughout last year's playoffs, while Aubusson suffered an MCL injury in the grand final.
Still on the premiers, forward Isaac Liu has commenced full contact work after having off-season knee surgery.
Elsewhere, Bulldogs captain Josh Jackson has returned to full training after having minor groin surgery in December.
Workhorse Warriors lock Jazz Tevaga is set to miss the first four to five weeks of the season with a left ankle injury.
Brisbane have said that star winger Corey Oates "should return to full training very soon" after battling a leg infection.
The Queensland Origin representative contracted the infection prior to Christmas and was admitted to hospital for intravenous antibiotics.
Broncos centre Jack Bird is doing everything at training and is ready to play again following a knee reconstruction last May.
Kotoni Staggs should be available by the back end of the trial period after suffering a toe injury while representing Tonga in their historic win over Australia in November.
2020 Magic tickets now on sale
The Casualty Ward
Five key match-ups of the Broncos' 2020 draw
Kotoni Staggs will miss the All Stars game and Brisbane's trial against Redcliffe due to a foot injury sustained in Tonga's Test win over Australia last November.
Jordan Kahu will miss the start of the 2020 season with the Broncos as he continues to recover from a shoulder reconstruction.
In better news, Jack Bird is set to return from an ACL injury in the trials.
- Corey Oates (leg infection, trials)
- Kotoni Staggs (toe, trials)
- Richie Kennar (shoulder, trials)
- Jack Bird (knee, trials)
- Jordan Kahu (shoulder, round one)
- Sean O'Sullivan (knee, mid-2020 season)
- Keenan Palasia (knee, late-2020 season)
Five key match-ups of the Raiders' 2020 draw
Curtis Scott will be available for the trials after suffering a syndesmosis injury playing for the Australian Prime Minister's XIII side in October.
- Curtis Scott (ankle, trials)
- Hudson Young (suspension, round six)
Five key match-ups of the Bulldogs' 2020 draw
Marcelo Montoya (knee) has ramped up his running load and is on the cusp of starting skills training. He is expected to join the main group around mid-February.
Kieran Foran (shoulder) is out of a brace as he commences the rehabilitation process. The playmaker has a follow-up meeting with the surgeon in February.
- Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder, round one)
- Marcelo Montoya (knee, round one)
- Sauaso Sue (knee, round one)
- Kieran Foran (shoulder, indefinite)
Five key match-ups of the Sharks' 2020 draw
Teenage centre Bronson Xerri underwent a shoulder reconstruction in October and was cleared to start limited contact work after the Christmas break as he eyes a return for the round one clash with the Rabbitohs.
- Bronson Xerri (shoulder, round one)
Five key match-ups of the Titans' 2020 draw
Shannon Boyd, Dale Copley and Ioane Seiuli all underwent shoulder reconstructions in their break and spent the first half of the pre-season in rehab.
Influential forward Ryan James remains on track for a round one return following an ACL injury, with the Indigenous All Star easing back into full contact.
Rising prop Moeaki Fotuaika had wrist and knee surgery over the off-season and has now joined the main training squad.
- Dale Copley (shoulder, round one)
- Shannon Boyd (shoulder, round one)
- Moeaki Fotuaika (wrist/knee, round one)
- Ryan James (knee, round one)
- Keegan Hipgrave (repeated concussions, indefinite)
Five key match-ups of the Sea Eagles' 2020 draw
Forwards Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake will sit out the entire summer with shoulder surgery expected to rule them out of the opening rounds of 2020. Trbojevic told AAP in early January that he was hopeful of being right to play for the first match of the season.
Joel Thompson suffered a freak accident in the off-season but is on track for the trials after returning to training in December.
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, pre-season)
- Taniela Paseka (knee, pre-season)
- Curtis Sironen (foot, trials)
- Tom Trbojevic (pectoral, trials)
- Joel Thompson (arm/neck, trials)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, round one)
- Jake Trbojevic (shoulder, early rounds 2020)
- Addin Fonua-Blake (shoulder, early rounds 2020)
- Manase Fainu (stood down)
Five key match-ups of the Storm's 2020 draw
Representative prop Christian Welch is tracking nicely after suffering an ACL rupture last August but the Storm don't yet have an exact timeframe for his return.
- Christian Welch (knee, indefinite)
Five key match-ups of the Knights' 2020 draw
Rookie Starford To'a copped a setback before Christmas with the teenager undergoing finger surgery. He should be back into full training by late January.
Five-eighth Mason Lino is ahead of schedule after off-season shoulder reconstruction surgery and is on track for the trials.
Young forward Beau Fermor is progressing in his recovery from an ACL injury and is now building into his lateral and change-of-direction work on-field.
- Starford To'a (finger, trials)
- Mason Lino (shoulder, trials)
- Beau Fermor (knee, early-mid 2020 season)
Five key match-ups of the Cowboys' 2020 draw
Centre Justin O'Neill is aiming to be back to full fitness for the trials after recovering from a life-threatening ruptured spleen injury.
New recruit Esan Marsters is at full health after a minor off-season ankle cleanout, with utility Ben Hampton (bicep) also back in unrestricted training.
Playmaker Te Maire Martin (brain bleed) has been forced into an early retirement with the risk of playing football again too high.
- Justin O'Neill (spleen, pre-season)
- Mitch Dunn (shoulder, round one)
- Te Maire Martin (retired)
Five key match-ups of the Eels' 2020 draw
- Reagan Campbell-Gillard (elbow, pre-season)
- Maika Sivo (hand, pre-season)
- Waqa Blake (shoulder, round one)
Five key match-ups of the Panthers' 2020 draw
Penrith are expecting to have star trio James Fisher-Harris (pectoral), Nathan Cleary (toe) and Isaah Yeo (shoulder) fit and firing when the season rolls around.
Young hooker Mitch Kenny (elbow) is the only regular Panthers player currently in danger of missing first round through injury.
- Jack Hetherington (sternum, pre-season)
- Caleb Aekins (foot, trials)
- Spencer Leniu (hamstring, trials)
- Nathan Cleary (toe, trials)
- Jed Cartwright (shoulder, trials)
- Isaah Yeo (shoulder, trials)
- Mitch Kenny (elbow, round one)
- James Fisher-Harris (pectoral, round one)
- Dean Blore (shoulder, round six)
- Soni Luke (pectoral, April)
- Shaun Blore (ACL, April-May)
- Brayden McGrady (ACL, April-May)
- Tyrone May (stood down)
Five key match-ups of the Rabbitohs' 2020 draw
- Braidon Burns (hamstring, trials)
- Liam Knight (foot, trials)
- Cody Walker (shoulder, trials)
- Adam Doueihi (ankle, trials)
Five key match-ups of the Dragons' 2020 draw
- Tariq Sims (groin, pre-season)
- Jason Saab (shoulder/foot, pre-season)
- Cameron McInnes (leg, trials)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Five key match-ups of the Roosters' 2020 draw
Winger Ryan Hall started running in late January as he recovers from the knee injury he suffered while representing Great Britain last November.
- Ryan Hall (knee, round one)
Five key match-ups of the Warriors' 2020 draw
Wayde Egan underwent shoulder surgery in September while still at the Panthers but all indications are he will be good to go for round one at his new club.
Jazz Tevaga underwent ankle surgery in early December and is set to miss the opening month of the season.
- Chanel Harris-Tavita (wrist, trials)
- Sam Lisone (shoulder/chest, trials)
- Wayde Egan (shoulder, round one)
- Peta Hiku (shoulder, round one)
- Gerard Beale (knee, early rounds)
- Karl Lawton (shoulder, early rounds)
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, mid-season)
- Jazz Tevaga (ankle, round four-five)
Five key match-ups of the Wests Tigers' 2020 draw
Captain Moses Mbye is off the injured list after recovering from a hip injury.
Josh Aloiai (hand) is close to being cleared for full training, while it's hoped Russell Packer (foot) will be ready for round one.
- Russell Packer (foot, round one)
- Moses Mbye (hip, pre-season)
- Josh Aloiai (hand, pre-season)
- Jacob Liddle (knee, mid-2020 season)