Parramatta centre Waqa Blake is the latest player to undergo a shoulder reconstruction with the Fijian international facing a four to six month recovery.
Blake injured his shoulder during the World Cup 9s tournament in October while playing for the Bati, who failed to register a win in the regular rounds.
Parramatta's Head of Performance Brendan Inkster indicated Blake is on track for a return in the early rounds of the 2020 season.
Eels teammate Reagan Campbell-Gillard underwent minor elbow surgery last month and is expected to return to full training by December.
Meanwhile, Bulldogs playmaker Kieran Foran is set to miss the entire 2020 season after exploratory surgery on his shoulder revealed his rotator cuff requires a cleanout.
Foran had been expected to miss at least six months but the nature of the injury means he will now be sidelined for at least nine months.
The Casualty Ward
Returning Broncos outside back Jordan Kahu has undergone surgery to repair the AC joint in his shoulder.
Kahu has returned to Brisbane after a season at the Cowboys but is now facing a race against time to be fit for round one of 2020 following surgery.
- Tom Dearden (ankle, pre-season)
- Richie Kennar (shoulder, trials week one)
- Jack Bird (knee, round one)
- Jordan Kahu (shoulder, round one)
- Sean O'Sullivan (knee, mid-2020)
The Raiders' big effort to reach the 2019 NRL grand final will see Hudson Young's return date from suspension pencilled in for round six next season against the Knights.
- Michael Oldfield (shoulder, pre-season)
- Hudson Young (suspension, round six)
The Bulldogs have confirmed Kieran Foran will miss at least six months after a shoulder reconstruction following an injury in his recent return to the Kiwis Test side.
Kerrod Holland also underwent long-term shoulder surgery and is expected to spend most of his summer in rehabilitation.
- Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (knee, pre-season)
- Marcelo Montoya (knee, pre-season)
- Kerrod Holland (shoulder, round one)
- Sauaso Sue (knee, round one)
- Kieran Foran (shoulder, mid-2020)
- Matt Moylan (hamstring, pre-season)
Shannon Boyd, Dale Copley and Ioane Seiuli all underwent shoulder reconstructions in their break and will spend the first half of the pre-season in rehabilitation.
Influential forward Ryan James remains on track for a round one return following an ACL injury.
Rising prop Moeaki Fotuaika had wrist and knee surgery over the break and along with Tyrone Roberts (achilles) will be managed through the summer.
- Tyrone Roberts (achilles, pre-season)
- Dale Copley (shoulder, round one)
- Shannon Boyd (shoulder, round one)
- Moeaki Fotuaika (wrist/knee, round one)
- Ryan James (knee, round one)
Sea Eagles forwards Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake will both sit out the entire summer with shoulder surgery expected to rule them out of the opening rounds of 2020.
Joel Thompson suffered a freak accident in the off-season with his immediate playing future up in the air. The Sea Eagles return to training in late November.
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, pre-season)
- Taniela Paseka (knee, pre-season)
- Curtis Sironen (foot, trials)
- Tom Trbojevic (pectoral, trials)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, round one)
- Jake Trobjevic (shoulder, early rounds 2020)
- Addin Fonua-Blake (shoulder, early rounds 2020)
- Joel Thompson (arm/neck, indefinite)
- Manese Fainu (shoulder/stood down)
Curtis Scott underwent surgery for a sydesmosis injury suffered playing for the Australian Prime Minister's XIII side in October.
He's expected to resume training after the Christmas break.
- Curtis Scott (ankle, trials)
- Christian Welch (knee, round one)
Mason Lino and Beau Fermor are the only two players with setbacks for the club ahead of the 2020 season.
Lino underwent a shoulder reconstruction in September with the playmaker racing the clock to be fit for round one.
Fermor won't be due back until the middle of next year.
David Klemmer won't undergo surgery for an ongoing wrist complaint and is expected to return to training in December following his Kangaroos commitments.
- Mason Lino (shoulder, round one)
- Beau Fermor (knee, season)
- Justin O'Neill (spleen, pre-season)
- Ben Hampton (biceps, trials)
- Mitch Dunn (shoulder, round one)
- Reagan Campbell-Gillard (elbow, pre-season)
- Waqa Blake (shoulder, round one)
Nathan Cleary is expected to return to full training in January after undergoing toe surgery in the off season.
Mitch Kenny, Jack Hetherington and Caleb Aekins are back in training after setbacks. Isaah Yeo and James Fisher-Harris remain chances for round one.
- Mitch Kenny (elbow, pre-season)
- Jack Hetherington (sternum, pre-season)
- Caleb Aekins (foot, pre-season)
- Nathan Cleary (toe, trials)
- Jed Cartwright (shoulder, trials)
- Isaah Yeo (shoulder, round one)
- James Fisher-Harris (pectoral, round one)
- Tyrone May (stood down)
- James Roberts (thumb, pre-season)
- Braidon Burns (hamstring, trials)
- Tariq Sims (groin, pre-season)
- Cameron McInnes (leg, trials)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Ryan Hall is set to miss the entire 2020 pre-season after undergoing surgery this week for a second dislocation of his knee.
Hall suffered the injury while representing Great Britain and his rehabilitation is expected to take up to four months.
- Luke Keary (ankle, pre-season)
- Mitchell Aubusson (knee, pre-season)
- Isaac Liu (knee, pre-season)
- Ryan Hall (knee, round one)
Wayde Egan underwent shoulder surgery while at the Panthers with the club indicating he was on track for a return in the trials prior to his departure.
- Peta Hiku (shoulder, pre-season)
- Chanel Harris-Tevita (wrist, pre-season)
- Patrick Herbert (quad, pre-season)
- Tohu Harris (knee, pre-season)
- Wayde Egan (shoulder, trials)
- Gerard Beale (knee, indefinite)
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, indefinite)
- Moses Mbye (hip, pre-season)
- Josh Aloiai (hand, pre-season)
- Jacob Liddle (knee, mid-2020 season)
- Russell Packer (foot, pre-season)