The opening round of the Holcim Cup saw some outstanding rugby league, with players coming back from the football shutdown in good form and ready to rip in.
There were plenty of fantastic performances across the board, with fans at the ground, and those tuning into the QRL live broadcast, excited to see the skills on display.
On demand: Holcim Cup - Round 1
As well as providing elite level women’s players with the opportunity to return to the playing field, the new competition is also a chance for Queensland eligible players to press their case for State of Origin selection later this year.
Each week, QRL.com.au will publish a Holcim Cup Queensland team of the week made up of outstanding performances from Harvey Norman Queensland Maroons-eligible players.
The team will be selected by QRL Football and QRL Digital staff, in consultation with Maroons coaches Jason Hetherington, Karyn Murphy and Nat Dwyer, who are closely following each rounds’ action.
Head coach Hetherington said he enjoyed watching the day's football and was proud of all the effort put in by the teams and players.
Round 1 Holcim Cup Queensland team of the week
1. Gemma Schnaubelt – West Brisbane Panthers
2. Tamika Upton – Souths Logan Magpies
3. Shaniah Power – West Brisbane Panthers
4. Julia Robinson – West Brisbane Panthers
5. Rosemary Vaimili-Toalepai – Easts Tigers
6. Lauren Brown – Burleigh Bears
7. Zahara Temara – Burleigh Bears
8. Steph Hancock – Souths Logan Magpies
9. Michaela Peck – West Brisbane Panthers
10. Laken Paitai – Burleigh Bears
11. Jamie-Lee Lewis – Souths Logan Magpies
12. Kimberley Dore – Easts Tigers
13. Kirra Stedman – Tweed Seagulls
Fast five with Kirra Stedman
14. Lavinia Gould – West Brisbane Panthers
15. Chante Temara – Burleigh Bears
16. China Polata – Easts Tigers
17. Tarryn Aiken – Tweed Seagulls