The PNG Hunters are seeking a highly motivated rugby league head coach to develop strategies, standards and procedures for all aspects of the Intrust Super Cup team.
The head coach will be responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training and performance of players and football operations staff, along with physical program management for the PNG Hunters football program.
The successful person will demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Strongly lead by example, provide clear expectations and direction;
- Has tenacity in pursuing goals, showing focus in the face of opposition and ensure personal goals are aligned with the club objective;
- Proven ability to strategically develop and manage a rugby league program inclusive of planning, reporting and administration of resources and budgets;
- A record of innovative rugby league coaching, particularly in regards to progressing the development of talented young athletes;
- A demonstrated knowledge of contemporary coaching techniques and practices at an advanced level
- Proven ability to integrate the sport sciences and modern rugby league coaching methods to increase athlete performance.
- NRL Level 2 Rugby League Coach
- Experience in field
- Competency in Windows including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Experience / education in injury prevention and management / rehabilitation
- Experience / education in strength and conditioning principles
- Experience in coaching at a higher level eg A Grade, Digicel Cup, senior representative
The successful applicant will be based in Port Moresby, PNG.
The position is open to both PNG Citizens and Non-PNG Citizens.
Please send in your applications with an updated CV and relevant documents to:
Mr Reatau Rau
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 1845
National Capital District
Applications titled ‘SP HUNTERS HEAD COACH’ can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:
National Football Stadium,
Applications must be received by no later than 5pm on Tuesday, October 15, 2019.