Queensland coach Kevin Walters has today confirmed the Maroons line-up in the wake of Billy Slater’s withdrawal from Wednesday’s opening match of the Holden State of Origin series.
Michael Morgan moves from the utility role to fullback as the replacement for the injured Slater, with Anthony Milford the new face on the four-man interchange rotation.
Milford will wear the No. 19 jersey in his second Origin match for the Maroons after making his debut in Game I of the 2017 series.
Tim Glasby is the team’s official 18th man, with Knights young gun Kalyn Ponga also a part of the extended squad after arriving in Melbourne last night.
The Maroons rounded off their preparations with their traditional pre-game Captain’s Run this morning at the iconic MCG.
Winger Dane Gagai left the field to receive treatment, but he returned later in the session and Walters is confident he will be fit to play.
Game I Queensland Maroons
14. Michael MORGAN - North Queensland Cowboys
2. Valentine HOLMES - Cronulla Sharks
3. Greg INGLIS (c) - South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Will CHAMBERS - Melbourne Storm
5. Dane GAGAI - South Sydney Rabbitohs
6. Cameron MUNSTER - Melbourne Storm
7. Ben HUNT - St George Illawarra Dragons
8. Dylan NAPA - Sydney Roosters
9. Andrew McCULLOUGH - Brisbane Broncos
10. Jarrod WALLACE - Gold Coast Titans
11. Gavin COOPER - North Queensland Cowboys
12. Felise KAUFUSI - Melbourne Storm
13. Josh McGUIRE - Brisbane Broncos
19. Anthony MILFORD – Brisbane Broncos
15. Josh PAPALII - Canberra Raiders
16. Coen HESS - North Queensland Cowboys
17. Jai ARROW - Gold Coast Titans
18. Tim GLASBY - Melbourne Storm
-- Kalyn PONGA- Newcastle Knights